Tax expert and author Frank Ellis reveals how to get a W-2 if it hasn’t arrived yet, in a new article on

May 6, 2015 – An article focuses on how taxpayers can get their Form W-2 if an employer hasn’t sent one yet. In this up-to-date piece, author and tax expert Frank Ellis stresses the importance of getting the form. One can do so by going online. The author reveals a W-2 finder to import, download, or print the form and include it with a tax return.

If the form isn’t available online, the author reveals, the employer should be contacted to find out if the W-2 was mailed or not, or if the address was not correct. In many cases, employers need to resend the form. Another possibility discussed is a call to the IRS. Ellis provides a phone number in case someone hasn’t gotten their W-2 by February 14.

In the article, the various types of information are listed. The taxpayer needs to provide these if they are contacting the IRS regarding their W-2. In addition, the author explains that tax returns need to be filed by the April 15 deadline or the person needs to file for an extension.

Another alternative described is to use Form 4852 Substitute for Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement. How to attach this form to a tax return is explained as is the means in which the IRS processes it. Form 1040X for amending information contained in Form W-2 is introduced as well. It is useful when the wage and tax statement is received after filing 4852.

The point of the article is that people can file their taxes whether or not they get a W-2. If it is online, the ability to file with online tax software is mentioned along with some benefits and access to expert help. Maximizing refunds and the availability of discount promo codes is also highlighted.

For more information, go to

About Frank Ellis

Frank Ellis is a Traverse City Tax Preparation Planner and published author. He has written tax and finance related articles for eight years and has published over 900 articles on leading financial websites.

Contact Information
Frank Ellis
American Tax Service
945 East 8th Street Suite A
Traverse City, Michigan 49686