One of the UK’s leading PCB electronics specialists has published a blog post on their site that highlights all the cool things consumers can do with a Raspberry PI. The PCB Train - Raspberry PI projects listed could be a fantastic way of getting your children more interested in the technology. Over the last few weeks, the PCB Train website has experienced a rush of traffic from all over the world. That comes as thousands of consumers aim to educate themselves about using the device. It has become evidently clear that most people are interested in the concept; they just have little understanding of what it can do for them.
Here are just some of the ideas from the blog post to give you a feel for what you can do:
• Play retro games. The Raspberry PI is not the strongest computer you will ever use, but it is more than powerful enough to handle all those retro games you love.
• Creating a media center. Playing movies and songs from a Raspberry PI is not as complicated as most people imagine. XBMC is the most popular software used at the current time.
• Automated pet feeder. Do you forget to feed your animals from time to time? That is no longer an issue if you choose to use your Raspberry PI to create an automated pet feeder.
• Build a supercomputer. Most people are unaware of this fact, but you can link multiple Raspberry PIs together and create a supercomputer. Just don’t try to take over the world if you can help it.
• Learning to program. Learning the code for computers can be very difficult, but the Raspberry PI makes it so simple even your kids can give it a try.
• Create a smartphone. While it might not look as stylish as one of the latest devices manufactured by Apple, the Raspberry PI can be turned into a smartphone.
Those were just a few of the fantastic ideas given in the blog post on the PCB train website. If you would like to find out more, you should click the link in the first paragraph. Alternatively, you might like to make use of the contact information listed below. The customer service team at PCB train are always on hand to answer any questions you might have, and they are more than knowledgeable enough to offer advice. Don’t hesitate to call on their expertise if you are unsure about anything. They also offer a wide range of alternative products and services that you should check out.
For all media information contact:
T: +44 (0) 1635 40347
F: +44 (0) 1635 36143
Newbury Electronics Ltd